Ratio Beerworks is looking to hire a full-time Lead Brewer for our Denver brewery. We are seeking a candidate who exemplifies hard work, positivity, teamwork, open-mindedness, creativity, teamwork and a passion for the craft. The Lead Brewer position requires someone who is self-motivated, adaptable, a people person, and a lifelong learner with a track record of both personal and professional growth.
The position will be responsible for not only brewing, but helping to train, motivate, and grow our brew team and culture in our RiNo Art District location and with future growth into a production facility with a canning line. Additionally, the position calls for someone who can represent the brand in a public-facing manner at festivals, leading occasional VIP tours, and at various industry events.
Ratio is nearing the maximum capacity on our current brewhouse and is beginning the planning phase for a second production focused brewery, which will include canning capabilities. Ideally, the candidate will also have experience with working on canning lines and can contribute to helping plan and structure the new facility. This includes consulting on equipment, installation, and creating SOPs and best practices.
The Ratio brand is built on a DIY mindset and culture, with deep roots in indie and punk rock music. You don't necessarily have to love this genre of music, but you'll be hearing a lot of it both in the taproom and through live performances at the brewery.
We currently brew on a two-vessel 20 bbl brewhouse into five 20 bbl and three 60 bbl fermenters. We will brew about 4000 barrels this year and look for continued growth. Our brewhouse is an all-inclusive brewery, where you will hot-side brew, cellar, clean, keg, barrel-age, lab work, and everything in between! Our current team includes a full-time brewer and assistant brewer, plus part-time additional assistance. The Lead Brewer will have managerial responsibility and will report to our co-founder and brewmaster, Jason zumBrunnen.
Under the supervision of the Head Brewer, the Lead Brewer is responsible for overseeing the efficient execution of all brewhouse and cellar operations. This includes effective management and scheduling of all brewery personnel. The Lead Brewer ensures the highest quality and consistency through execution and oversight of brewing, fermentation, yeast management, dry hopping, beer transfers, conditioning, kegging, barrel-aging, and QA/QC.
- Assist in interviews and hiring. Train, motivate and supervise all brewery and cellar personnel.
- Lead team of brewers on day-to-day operations to accomplish the daily and weekly goals.
- Participate in all functions of brewhouse: brewing, cellaring, transferring, yeast management, dry hopping, kegging, barrel management, specialty bottling, etc.
- Maintain the highest possible quality for all beer produced by establishing and overseeing all QA/QC efforts.
- Represent Ratio at brewers festivals, charity events, promotional events, brewing tours, etc. as needed.
- Execute the brewhouse and cellar schedule based on information provided by production planning.
- Maintain complete and accurate brewery records. Use both Google Docs and EKOS software as tools for recording data.
- Write and maintain SOP’s for all brewhouse and cellar operations and train personnel.
- Ensure a safe work environment and assist in safety training.
- Schedule personnel to fulfill brewhouse and cellar operations.
- Recommend operational business improvements to management.
- Recommend and assist in the coordination of maintenance and repairs.
- Maintain a clean, safe and well-organized facility.
- Operate forklift. Receive and stock deliveries. Become a Tetris master in our cold room. We will certify if not trained.
- Assist in coordinating the barrel program. We are growing both our wild and sour barrel fermenting and our spirit-based barrel aging. Includes racking, sampling, blending, inventory management, etc.
To apply, please send a thoughtful cover letter and resume with your interest in why you specifically would like to work at Ratio Beerworks to: email@example.com
Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
Ratio Beerworks is a growing craft brewery located in the RiNo neighborhood of Denver. We are looking for a part time office administrator to join the team and assist with the accounting and statistics functions within the company. The perfect candidate will be highly organized and thorough while paying high attention to detail. Craft beer industry experience is preferred but not required. Ratio is an exciting, young company building a strong financial foundation so we can focus on making great beer and growing our brand! We are looking forward to adding to our awesome team with a candidate that can grow as our company grows!
GENERAL JOB DUTIES
- Organize office and all paperwork
- Copying, scanning, filing and other administrative duties as needed
- Miscellaneous data and records compilation, analysis, and filing and organizing
- Proficient in MS Excel, Quickbooks, and Bill.com
- Proficient communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Manage various permits, licenses, registrations, and completion of compliance forms and reports
- Account for customer payments, apply to invoices and prepare deposit in QBO
- Reconcile any discrepancies, communicate with accounts, collect overdues
- Set up accounts on various payment platforms
- Process, enter and properly code vendor invoices for multiple accounts
- Audit and verifies expense reports
- Update and maintain vendor database
- Reconcile vendor statements
- Assist in 1099 preparation
- Create reports on revenue and volume for both tap room and wholesale operations
- Assist in reporting and tracking KPI’s and Sales Metrics
- Build comparative analysis and graphs in Excel for month-over-month and year-over-year reporting
Ratio Beerworks is a craft brewery that focuses on meticulously crafted beer served in an eclectic taproom located at 2920 Larimer St. in Denver, CO. Ratio has a strong tie to the local music and art community. The right candidate will have a strong work ethic, great personality, and should be able to rock out with us. Most importantly, we strive to build great relationships within the community through our beer. For more information please visit ratiobeerworks.com.
Please include a cover letter with your resume that tells us who you think you are, who you think we are, and why you would be a Office Administrator at Ratio. Resumes without thoughtful cover letters will not be considered.
If you are qualified and interested in becoming Ratio’s Office Administrator, we would love to hear from you! Please send full resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload Job Descrition